Friday, September 01, 2006

The Wonders of a Family

Family drama. What else is there to say? Well I guess one could say that my head has spun around then back again quite a few times today. The beginnning of everything was of course my step-dad. He told me to stay in my room and not come out until he told me to. Then him and my mom were fighting. I wonder if they think that I can't hear their screaming through a door? Who knows. But it got down to the root of every g-d damned fight they have. Money. Apparently we are in huge financial debt and I was unaware of such things. Now I feel incredibly bad. I wonder why I am so needy. Then again I say well I could have had a job if i wasn't home babysitting 24/7 all summer. Then I wouldn't have been such a burden on them. It seems that everytime money is brought up college is brought up. I know we don't have the money to send me to college and I am trying my best to prepare for that. I need to get a steady job. Sure that may mean no weekday evenings or some weekends but it will be worth it. I need an education. I have this need inside of me to learn. I just wish that it didn't cost so much. The scholarship essays are all printed and in a folder waiting for me to fill out the forms. In a few months I will be gathering FAFSA forms and filling those out. Then hopefully that day of fate will come when I get my acceptance letter. Then another day will come when I go to the bank and file for a student loan. Trust me as soon as I am able to I will jump off my parents' backs so they can take a load off. I don't want to weigh them down anymore. They have dealt with it this far and shouldn't have to do it anymore.

College Choices as of 9/01/06:
Moutain Empire Community College
Tidewater Community College
University of Virginia at Wise*
Old Dominion University*
Virginia Commonwealth University*
ITT Technical Institute
* signifies transfer possibility

Major : Chemical or Network Engineering
Minor : Judaic Studies

Then maybe one day onto HUC. To do what I really want. Rabbi.

1 comment:

EmberRose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.